Gregg County Appraisal District Mission Statement: Courteously and respectfully serve the public and its entities by providing an equal and uniform appraisal roll in an accurate and timely manner.
Due to an error regarding the protest deadline on the original appraisal notices sent on April 12, 2019, the Gregg Appraisal District will send a corrected notice on April 19, 2019 showing the proper protest date. These notices will reflect the original notice value. If you have already come to an agreement with the Appraisal District staff, that agreement will still be honored. We encourage you to use the property search feature on our website and verify your property value. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.
Welcome to Gregg County Appraisal District!
Gregg Appraisal District is responsible for appraising all real and business personal property within Gregg County. The district appraises property according to the Texas Property Tax Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP).
Message from the Chief Appraiser
Welcome to our website, I hope that you will find general information helpful about the District and the ad valorem property tax system. Information regarding specific properties within the district is also available as allowed by law. We are dedicated to serving the citizens of Gregg County while ensuring that property valuation in our county is fair, equal, and uniform.
Libby Neely, RPA, CCA, CTA
Homestead Application Qualifications
(Per the Texas Legislature under HB 1287)
- You owned the property on January 1
- You occupied it as your principal residence on January 1
- You and your spouse do not claim a residence homestead exemption on another property
- You must furnish a copy of a valid Texas driver’s license or State ID and the address on the license must be the same for which the homestead exemption being applied
Please contact the Gregg Appraisal District at 903-238-8823 for any questions you may have concerning the qualifications for homestead exemptions.
- Business Personal Property Filing Deadlines
- Property Taxes on Farms & Ranches Could be Reduced with Productivity Appraisal
- Business Personal Property Owner’s Claiming Allocation of Value
- Annual Mailing of Applications, Exemptions, Renditions & Ag/Timber Forms
- Homeowners To Take Advantage Of Homestead Exemptions