Gregg County Appraisal District Mission Statement: Courteously and respectfully serve the public and its entities by providing an equal and uniform appraisal roll in an accurate and timely manner.
Welcome to Gregg County Appraisal District!
Gregg Appraisal District is responsible for appraising all real and business personal property within Gregg County. The district appraises property according to the Texas Property Tax Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP).
Message from the Chief Appraiser
Welcome to our website, I hope that you will find general information helpful about the District and the ad valorem property tax system. Information regarding specific properties within the district is also available as allowed by law. We are dedicated to serving the citizens of Gregg County while ensuring that property valuation in our county is fair, equal, and uniform.
Libby Neely, RPA, CCA, CTA
Homestead Application Qualifications
(Per the Texas Legislature under HB 1287)
- You owned the property on January 1
- You occupied it as your principal residence on January 1
- You and your spouse do not claim a residence homestead exemption on another property
- You must furnish a copy of a valid Texas driver’s license or State ID and the address on the license must be the same for which the homestead exemption being applied
Please contact the Gregg Appraisal District at 903-238-8823 for any questions you may have concerning the qualifications for homestead exemptions.
Reappraisal of Residential Property
The Gregg Appraisal District will begin its reappraisal on residential properties starting July 2019 to March 2020. We will be conducting on-site inspections of residential properties, which will include updating our property photographs. Our protocol is to attempt to make the property owner or resident aware by ringing the doorbell or by knocking on the front door to identify ourselves. Each appraiser will have the following identification items with them at all times; pictured ID, business card, and a Texas Department of Licensing and Registration (TDLR) registration card. Should the property owner or resident be away, we will leave a door hanger and a business card on the front door. After contact is made or it is established that nobody is available at the property, we will conduct our inspection of the exterior of the property. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
Mark A. Cormier, RPA, CCA, CTA
Director of Appraisal
Gregg County Appraisal District
903-238-8823 Ext 236
- Public Notice of Sale (Re-Open)
- Homeowners Have Payment Options for Property Taxes on Appreciating Home Values
- Texas Comptroller’s Office Helps Property Owners Stay Informed of their Rights with Updated Publication
- Deferred Property Tax Payments
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Property Owners