Gregg County Appraisal District Mission Statement: Courteously and respectfully serve the public and its entities by providing an equal and uniform appraisal roll in an accurate and timely manner.
UPDATED: July 6, 2020
The Gregg County Appraisal District is now open to the public, with restrictions. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The public entrance is located at the front of the building.
Please follow the CDC guidelines.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others;
- Use the hand sanitizer located in the lobby;
- Masks are required in the building per Governor Abbotts Executive Order No. GA-29 relating to the use of face coverings during the COVID-19 disaster.
To allow us the opportunity to assist everyone, please limit your group to 2 persons. A maximum of 2 persons will be allowed in the lobby. Walk-ins may be asked to wait in their vehicle until they receive a call. To avoid wait times, call our office, and make a next-day appointment. Still, we encourage you to conduct Gregg CAD-related business via phone, email or online services. Applications or documents may also be dropped off at our office using the receptacle in the office vestibule area.
At this time, we have received no notification of change from the State Comptroller in regard to deadline dates related to the property tax process. We will make every effort to keep the public and the taxing entities informed of any changes that do occur related to their property taxes and to the status of our operations. Please keep a close watch on our website for any updates!
We appreciate your understanding of this situation.
Libby Neely, RPA, CCA, CTA
Welcome to Gregg County Appraisal District!
Gregg Appraisal District is responsible for appraising all real and business personal property within Gregg County. The district appraises property according to the Texas Property Tax Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP).
Message from the Chief Appraiser
Welcome to our website, I hope that you will find general information helpful about the District and the ad valorem property tax system. Information regarding specific properties within the district is also available as allowed by law. We are dedicated to serving the citizens of Gregg County while ensuring that property valuation in our county is fair, equal, and uniform.
Libby Neely, RPA, CCA, CTA
Homestead Application Qualifications
(Per the Texas Legislature under HB 1287)
- You owned the property on January 1
- You occupied it as your principal residence on January 1
- You and your spouse do not claim a residence homestead exemption on another property
- You must furnish a copy of a valid Texas driver’s license or State ID and the address on the license must be the same for which the homestead exemption being applied
Please contact the Gregg Appraisal District at 903-238-8823 for any questions you may have concerning the qualifications for homestead exemptions.
Reappraisal of Residential Property
The Gregg Appraisal District will begin its reappraisal on residential properties starting July 2020 to March 2021. We will be conducting on-site inspections of residential properties, which will include updating our property photographs. Our protocol is to attempt to make the property owner or resident aware by ringing the doorbell or by knocking on the front door to identify ourselves. Each appraiser will have the following identification items with them at all times; pictured ID, business card, and a Texas Department of Licensing and Registration (TDLR) registration card. Should the property owner or resident be away, we will leave a door hanger and a business card on the front door. After contact is made or it is established that nobody is available at the property, we will conduct our inspection of the exterior of the property. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
Mark A. Cormier, RPA, CCA, CTA
Deputy Chief Appraiser
Gregg County Appraisal District
903-238-8823 Ext 236
- Appraisal District Aces State Study
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available For Gregg County Taxpayers
- Gregg County Appraisal District Reminds Businesses to Render their Taxable Property by April 15th
- Homeowners Have Payment Options for Property Taxes on Appreciating Home Values
- Texas Comptroller’s Office Helps Property Owners Stay Informed of their Rights with Updated Publication